Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Music of Dhoom 2 and Vivah goes digital



Yash Raj Films and Rajshri, makers of Dhoom 2 and Vivah, respectively, have devised a novel plan to combat music piracy and increase the sales of the their albums. The idea is to make the MP3 CDs of the original music available with the audio CDs.

The good folks at IndiaGlitz give us this-


Marked at half the regular price of an original music CD and comprising of 40-50 songs at an average, they are a double delight for the listener since they come with numerous other hits from the production houses.

The MP3 CD of Vivah are said to include numerous Rajshri hits from yesteryears while the Dhoom 2 CD includes music from Bunty Aur Babli, Salaam Namaste, Veer Zaara, Neal N Nikki and many more.

This is a fantastic idea. I would lap up the MP3 CDs at half the price containing additional soundtracks any day over the regular audio CD. I hardly listen to audio CDs anymore and my iPod is my best friend. So, sign me up. Now, I wish they would make these CDs available for the state-side geeks.

[via IndiaGlitz]

Tags: , ,

No comments: